(This course is available and delivery within one day!)
Upwork in One Hour 2022
Upwork in One Hour 2022
Oh, hey there!
You just clicked a link for what was *supposed* to be a sales page for my new course, Upwork in One Hour.
But I have some, uh, bad news …
See, in that course I was *supposed* to teach you my full strategy for succeeding on Upwork.
I *wanted* to show you how I started with ZERO experience and NO credentials …
Won paid copywriting work in my very first week …
And raised my rates to $200/hr within my first nine months.
And I was *going* to teach you all this …
In just ONE hour!
So I was really excited to write this sales page.
I even paid some guy to make me this fancy logo and all:
I got the checkout all set up, too …
Priced it at a nice, affordable, $200 price point …
And sat down to write this sales page.
But then I realised:
I’m a total IDIOT.
I should never have even tried doing this.
Because I remembered something:
As EVERY copywriter knows …
And there are NO good jobs on Upwork.
And anyone who uses Upwork is a total LOSER.
And they’re miserable and they make NO money.
I mean, why else would ALL the well-known copywriters out there diss Upwork?
Joanna Wiebe disses it …
Jo I love you but this one hurt me
Rob & Kira from The Copywriter Club diss it …
Shiv Shetti disses it …
And most importantly …
THIS ONE RANDOM GUY IN R/COPYWRITING DISSED IT:
These are all copywriters I respect, too.
(Okay, with the exception of random r/copywriting guy)
I don’t know why I never realised until now.
I guess you wasted your time coming to this page.
I’m really sorry, hey.
I don’t even know why I’m still writing.
It would be completely stupid of me to even TRY arguing with those copywriters who clearly know WAY better than me.
And so …
I will NOT try to pretend you can get plenty of high-paying jobs on Upwork, like this one I
got obviously didn’t get.
Or this one. Which I also didn’t get.
Didn’t get this one either.
… wait, what? I am NOT saying you can get good jobs like these. N-O-T, ‘not’.
i.e. you most definitely can NOT charge $6,000 for a sales page on Upwork, like I did this time I charged $6,000 for a sales page on Upwork.
And just to PROVE it cannot be done, I did it again.
Wait, we’re clear, right? Because you’re kind of looking at me funny.
Almost like you think I’m actually implying you CAN get good jobs on Upwork. Like this monster $36k gig I got.
But I’m not implying that, okay?
And I DEFINITELY am not saying you can even get personalised invitations for up to $300/hr, like this one, if you play your cards right.
(That screenshot is clearly fake.)
So is this one.
HEY. Remember, I’m *not* saying you can get offers like these on Upwork. You CAN’T. Okay? Sheesh. It’s almost like you don’t believe me or something.
Oh, I get it. It’s the pictures.
Maybe I had too many pictures. I’ll stop now.
Oops, finger slipped.
So … yeah.
I don’t know what THAT was all about.
It must have taken someone like, 13 hours to photoshop all those FAKE screenshots.
Clearly you should just go home now.
Even if this page were to somehow go on to actually sell you this stupid, worthless Upwork in One Hour course …
(which it TOTALLY wouldn’t since there is NO WAY you could make money on Upwork)
… why would you knowingly read a page that was trying to SELL you something and take your money?
You wouldn’t. You’re too smart for that.
… okay, seriously, what the heck?
You’re still here?
You actually want to read a long-form sales page?
Selling you an … UPWORK copywriting course?
(Haven’t you heard of, like, Netflix?)
Clearly, you’re not very smart. I tried to tell you, it’s IMPOSSIBLE to win work on Upwork.
But, fine. If you INSIST on reading a SALES PITCH for course about winning copywriting work on a place like UPWORK … then be my guest.
Proper sales page comin’ your way in 3 …
White space …
Learn Almost Everything You Need To Know To Start Winning Paid Copywriting Work On Upwork As Soon As Tomorrow — Even If You Have NO Experience And NO Clients Yet …
ONE MEASLY HOUR!
If you are a copywriter who would like more clients … then this page is going to show you the best method I ever discovered for doing that.
See, I have created a course called …
And this course contains — from start to finish — the exact strategy I used to go from NO experience, NO credentials and NO earnings …
To winning paid copywriting work in my very first week on Upwork …
Leapfrogging my more experienced competition to rank as Upwork’s top hit for ‘sales page freelancers’ …
Leaving clients singing my praises while I charged them $200+/hr in my first year…
Writing profile copy so good, it was easily the most ripped-off copywriting profile on the entire website …
And still, years later, receiving private, personalised invitations to high-paying jobs.
My new course goes through how I achieved all of that.
And the best part is …
You can learn my entire system …
in just ONE HOUR*.
*Okay, so it’s actually 90 minutes if you don’t watch on 1.5x speed. Bah, technicalities.
You see, I was kind of tired of courses that are full of bloat and ‘bonus interviews’ and a gajillion half-hour videos … and you end up only finishing 20% of the course.
So I decided … why not make a course so tight, you could finish it in one hour?
Thus, Upwork in One Hour.
(…what? Get off my back, this isn’t the freaking Creative Naming Olympics)
Note, it’s tight, but it ain’t light.
I spent like 50+ hours trying to get this to fit into an hour WITHOUT skimping on the good stuff.
And so the core of the course is what I call …
“The Hour of Power”
A series of 25 focused lessons that (on 1.5x speed) have a total play-time of just 60 minutes.
But before I tell you what is in the course, let me be deadly clear on what isn’t in it:
Upwork in One Hour is completely “B.Y.O-Copywriting-Chops”.
By that I mean, it will NOT teach you a single thing about how to actually write copy for your clients.
You will have to go and learn that elsewhere.
(May I suggest Daniel Throssell’s emails as a great place to start? If somehow you landed on this page some other way, you can sign up for those below …)
Anyway. While my system is great for getting you ‘in the door’ with clients … you still need to deliver good copy.
If you can’t, I can’t guarantee my system will make up for that.
Which is why I make no guarantees that Upwork in One Hour will make YOU as successful on Upwork as I have been.
But if you are a reasonable, grown-up person who understands this strange concept of “personal responsibility” …
Here is what is inside the course:
(i.e. the amazing knowledge you could have in just ONE HOUR from when you are reading these very words)
- A trick (which ONLY works on Upwork) for winning copywriting work even if you have literally never achieved a single thing as a copywriter (it’s how I got started …)
- My full four-stage Upwork ‘career map’ for freelance copywriters (this is the first lesson in the course, and in many ways it’s all you need to know)
- A back-door way to ‘spy’ on the proposals OTHER freelancers are sending in to try and win jobs (this can get unethical REAL fast, so I include a strong recommendation on where to draw the line)
- How to instantly eliminate EVERY single other copywriter as ‘competition’ and become your client’s ONLY choice. (This strategy works off of Upwork, too!)
- How to stand out even if you’re not the best at anything by using ‘niche stacking’
- A 12-point template for writing one of the best profiles on Upwork in under 15 minutes. (This is one of the few times I will ever encourage you to use a template. But here, I’ve done all the thinking for you … simply fill it out with your own details and you’re good to go!)
- My exact $$$ recommendations for what hourly rate to set!
- A 7-point checklist for writing proposals that win work even if you have NEVER been paid to write a word of copy before
- How to create a portfolio “on demand” in less than an hour if you have no samples
- The exact “fake beard oil” proposal that won me my first-ever Upwork job within days of joining Upwork!
- Why you should NEVER send your portfolio to a client (no exaggeration … and again, this is just as true OFF Upwork)
- 10 actual proposals I used to win Upwork jobs, with my commentary on each
- My four-part pricing strategy for “magically” bidding almost the exact maximum amount the client is willing to pay — even if it’s well above the budget they actually posted!!! (Actual feedback on this one from a student: “It’s like I have a powerful chess move for every scenario a potential client would throw at me. Very cool.“)
- How to make your proposal look dirt-cheap, even if it’s the most expensive one on the job
- The four things you MUST tell your client after they reply to your proposal if you want to get hired. (Two are the cost and when you can get it done by. The other two are far less intuitive but even more important)
- A simple line to include at the end of a message to a client that makes it almost neurologically impossible for them to feel ‘in charge’ of the interview. (Best of all, you can ‘reuse’ this line in multiple messages, and you’ll have even the most ‘alpha’ client acting like they are applying to work with YOU!)
- My 9-step outline for running job interview calls with clients — even if you’re a shy introvert
- Why you should NOT accept a client’s first job offer when they send it, EVER!!!
- A condensed version of the actual market research questionnaire I used with clients (stolen from my expensive Market Detective course)
- How to use a free online tool to ‘flip’ job interview calls so YOU become the one interviewing the CLIENT! (This is an Upwork strategy I invented, and every single student I have taught it to has said it is pure genius … yet it’s almost so ‘obvious’, you will slap yourself for not having thought of it)
- An 8-point checklist of what you must know before opening a contract
- Sneaky techniques for delivering your copy so the client simply likes it more. (And no, it doesn’t involve FedExing the copy, or sending them wine … those things are awesome, but these techniques are all FREE.)
- How to almost guarantee a gushing review after every project … and possibly even repeat work!
- A trick for using Upwork to win copywriting work OFF Upwork — without getting banned! (Upwork has strict rules prohibiting taking your Upwork jobs off the platform … and they enforce them hard. But do what I tell you, and you will be fine.)
- And way more (you’d be surprised at what I managed to fit into one hour)!
This is all in the “Hour of Power”, meaning it will take you just one hour to get through all this.
So you could take the course right now … and in theory, win your first job on Upwork tonight.
(I don’t think that’s super realistic, you’d have to be lucky to do it that fast, but it’s certainly possible. I won my first job within a week.)
But that’s not all I put in this course.
There is also a ‘bonus’ material section (once you’ve finished your ‘Hour of Power’) containing valuable advanced freelancing info like …
- How to take advantage of the new “Boost Your Proposal” feature to CRUSH your competition and make sure you are ALWAYS the first proposal read … for WAY less Connects than you would expect to pay. (I added this lesson in October 2021 … and actually raised the price of the course by $50 the day I did, because the information is just too valuable to share with everyone. Trust me, copywriters who DON’T have this info on Upwork are at a significant disadvantage to those who do.)
- A copy of my (now private) Upwork profile — “the most ripped-off copywriting profile on Upwork”. In terms of personal earnings, this is probably the single most profitable sales letter I have written in my entire career, and you cannot find it anywhere else (without trying to reconstruct it from my plagiarisers’ butchered attempts to adapt it ).
- A full line-by-line breakdown of the ‘behind-the-scenes’ strategies I used in my profile (which contained some ‘traps’ designed so that anyone who plagiarised it was actually selling ME, even without mentioning my name!)
- A LIVE look over my shoulder as I write a proposal in 2021 … priced 50% over the client’s budget … that gets a keen response from the client! (I only show you the proposal, since the reply came later, but the client was keen. I didn’t want the job though so I didn’t bother going further.)
- 2 ‘nuclear options’ for when you MUST win a job but you don’t have enough experience!
- A behind-the-scenes look at how CLIENTS see your proposals — and how to use this fact to your advantage!
- A breakdown of the best 81-word Upwork proposal I ever saw (which I received as a client) and how to model it for your OWN proposals.
- How I used the search function to find jobs to win.
- A FULL transcript (with my commentary) on how I negotiated and won a $12,000 copywriting job! This is a full, 11-page record of every single message from the client’s original message … to inking the contract. I show you how I made the client ‘prove’ himself to me … how I introduced my price … and how I even recovered after a monumental stuff-up that nearly cost me the job!
- What to say if clients bring up your cheap work history and ask why you’re charging them more.
- What to say if a client asks how quickly you can do the job.
- A 5-point response framework for answering questions about experience you don’t have … without looking like a noob. (If a client asks “Have you ever written in this niche?” or “Can you show us any VSLs you’ve written before?” … just answer the way I show you and you’ll be fine.)
- A ‘last-ditch’ message template you can use to revive cold leads. (It doesn’t always work … but it’ll give you your best shot!)
- The ‘niche-hopping’ strategy for breaking into a niche that’s rife with competition, even when you’re new.
- And more!
As you can see … there’s a LOT of gold in this course.
(Don’t worry … the ‘bonus’ material only adds another hour or so to the course.)
How much is it?
Here’s where I’m going to dazzle you with my amazing copywriting skills.
Because in the right hands, I think this information could be worth $99,999,999,999.
But not YOU, pal. No way you’re going to pay $99,999,999,999.
Heck … you’re not even going to pay $9,999!
(Wait, am I doing this price-ladder thing right?
No? I’m overdoing it?
Yeah … you’re not going to pay anywhere near that.
Upwork in One Hour is just 200 bucks.
Not bad for something that could kickstart your entire career.
And I’m not exaggerating.