(This course is available and delivery within one day!)
Albert Handell Combo Set
Albert Handell Combo Set
Painting in Oil
Included in the video is a start-to-finish painting demonstration where Albert explains each step that he takes and why. This will solidify your newfound knowledge so you can apply the techniques in your own paintings.
Interspersed with the demonstration, you’ll find helpful exercises that provide in-depth lessons on:
- Understanding your subject
- Color mixing
- Color value
- Pressure and application
- Award-winning oil painting techniques
This is truly the stuff legends are made of, and it is a rare and great opportunity for you to learn from this art legend. This kind of opportunity does not happen often, so don’t miss your chance to study with one of today’s most accomplished artists by adding this video to your resource library.
Here is just some of what you’re getting when you bring Albert into your own studio on this video:
- The ONE trick that will help you paint more realistic images
- THE technique that will bring you more satisfaction than any other
- Creating the right cast shadow (and how creating a wrong one can botch your whole painting — Albert is a bona fide expert on this!)
- The TWO colors you must start mixing together (you’d never guess what they are!)
- Albert’s BEST piece of advice you’ll ever get as an artist (you don’t want to miss this!)
- The ONE technique that will completely change the way you mix and paint with dark colors
- CONTROL your color with a simple technique that many artists don’t know about (but you will now!)
- The magic that will happen in your paintings just by doing this ONE LITTLE THING
- What NOT to worry about at the beginning of your painting (all while saving yourself some time!)
- Where to start a painting, when to stop, and everything in between!
- Do THIS and set yourself up to create the best paintings of your life
- The #1 TRICK for a clear delineation between your background and foreground
- Just how many brushes does an artist need anyway? (Albert dishes on this topic!)
- ONE tip that will help you lighten your touch (simple and oh, so effective!)
- Ever struggle to put the finishing touches on your paintings? You won’t anymore!
- The single, most underused tool you probably already own
- Plus a LOT more!
There’s just no substitute for the years of experience Albert brings to you. You get to learn the techniques and philosophy that have taken Albert decades to master — saving you a lot of time and the frustration of trial and error you would experience on your own.
As you watch Albert paint L’arbre (The Tree), you will feel his passion and observe his technique for capturing the fine details of the bark, branches, and leaves. He’ll explain how he creates the right cast shadow to achieve a realistic look and how he brings in texture to highlight different features. In no time, you’ll begin to see what you’ve been missing in your paintings and how, with Albert’s help, your next painting may just be the best you’ve ever done.
To make things really easy for you, the video has chapter breaks throughout the demonstration so you can return to any step in the lesson you want to replay — something you definitely can’t do in a live workshop!
Painting Water & Rocks in Oil
Here’s just some of what Albert Handell has in store for you:
- Find (and paint!) the rhythm of water (this is THE key to bringing water to life!)
- Transparent + opaque = Albert’s signature style!
- Capture the excitement of white water (you’ll feel the rush!)
- From toning your canvas to making the final touches (it’s all here!)
- The ONE “must-do” for painting successfully from photographs
- Never thought you could paint a rushing mountain stream? You will now!
- View each painting differently, and bring a fresh approach each time!
- How good notes and progressive photos will help you become a better painter (Albert tells all!)
- How just two colors can create vivid effects!
- Add reflections and you’ll be adding magic!
- How in the world can you add motion and flow to rushing water? (Here’s how!)
- Shimmer — just what a water scene wants!
- Wild water — tame that beast!
- Relax and let the water go where it wants!
- And LOTS more!
There are few artists alive today who have been drawing and painting for 75 years.
Albert Handell is one of the few. From the age of 6, drawing with chalk on his Brooklyn neighborhood sidewalks, to an award-winning artist sustaining a professional art career for over six decades.
Imagine everything Albert has experienced in his life and career — technological developments, cultural shifts, changing trends, worldwide art movements … and yet Albert has not only survived, but continues to thrive as a living legend.
Having no trees, hills, or streams growing up in Brooklyn, Albert’s love for nature and for painting landscapes was forever imprinted on him after a move to Woodstock, New York. Years later, painting water and its surroundings continues to be his favorite.
In this video, Albert shows you how to take what touches you in nature and translate your impressions with paint.
The Challenge of Water and Rocks
Water and rocks are some of the most challenging subjects for many landscape painters … and just two of Albert’s specialties!
Watch and paint right along with Albert as he shares the tips and techniques that will help you bring the rush and power of flowing water into your paintings.
You’ll see how to make rocks look super realistic by depicting them accurately — the true colors, the lost and found edges and angles, and the shadows they create. Whether the rocks are your focal point or used as a strong backdrop, getting them just right makes the movement of the water natural and believable.
You’ll be hard-pressed to find an artist and instructor who can bring water and rocks to life as well as Albert can.
Albert’s Signature Style
Albert takes you deep into his insights on color, value, paint application, and how to best work from life and from photographs. He shares his favorite techniques for visual blending — using different colors of similar value and combining transparent and opaque applications of paint to bring in the shimmer of moving water and wet rocks.
These are the moves that have made Albert famous and that have earned him awards and accolades throughout his career.
Now, you get a front row seat to experience these moves for yourself and to incorporate them into your own artwork.
You won’t want to miss a minute of this nearly six-hour video where Albert shares it all — every decision, every technique, and full explanations for why and how he does what he does … and does it so brilliantly.
“I visited Albert in his studio and asked him to show me something no one knows that has taken him a lifetime to figure out … I was so blown away by his colors-into-values technique, I said, ‘We have to get this in video. It’s life-changing for every artist.’ The investment in the video is worth it even just for this one technique … yet there is so much more.” — Eric Rhoads, artist and publisher of PleinAir Magazine
- You’ll capture the subtle and dramatic changes that occur when rocks disturb the water’s path. You’ll see all the amazing colors found in rocks and find a new sense of enthusiasm in painting them with Albert’s visual blending techniques. Whether the rocks are hidden below the water’s surface, peeking through, or found along the banks, you’ll be more confident in painting rocks after seeing them through Albert’s eyes.
Salepage : Albert Handell Combo Set